- Chicken – 1kg
- Curd – 2 cups
- Chopped onion – 1
- Chopped ginger – 1 tea spoon
- Chopped garlic – 1 tea spoon
- Cinnamon – 1 piece
- Cloves – 3
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cumin seeds – 1 tea spoon
- Chili powder – according to the taste
- Curry powder – 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 tea spoon
- Ground pepper – 1 tea spoon
- Sliced Coriander leaves – 3
- Salt – A pinch
- Sugar – 1 1/2 tea spoons
- Coconut oil – 3 table spoons
Add curry powder, ground pepper, chili powder, salt, sugar and turmeric to the curd. Mix it well
Add above mixture to the chicken and keep aside for about half an hour for seasoning.
Get a saucepan and add coconut oil under medium flame.
Then add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon and cloves to the oil fry for about 1 minute. Subsequently add ginger, garlic and chopped onions to it and again fry until the mixture become golden brown.
Now add chicken to the last mixture and mix thoroughly. Close the saucepan by a lid and cook it for another 25 minutes.
Finally put the curry into a nice bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
Enjoy your Sri Lankan style Dahi Chicken!!
FYI: If you like a similar dish like this please follow this link: http://slfoodie.com/2017/06/07/mango-dahi/